Sunday, January 31, 2010

it's all greek to me

I have been busy as a bee trying to get to the bottom of this whole internet situation. There really is so much to consider, so much to figure out, and oh so much to learn. It’s the search engines that have really thrown me for a loop.

If I have learned anything, it is that things are not always as you expect them to be. Being a chef it has been difficult for me to wrap my arms around my dietary constraints. While my mother will attest to my “picky” eating, I am sure she will confirm my attempt at a healthy well-being (these days, anyway). However, she never has understood my love of salad. I believe that in her heart of hearts she wishes her doctor/nutritionist would tell her she should never eat a salad again. I think it is being brought up having an iceberg salad every night with dinner, oh well. We always want what we cannot have. I still dream of a huge mound of greek salad next to a slice of pizza. The perfect meal! Not so much for me anymore, but I am working to replace those cravings. Speaking of, today I think I will have a wrap with chicken, feta and some homemade greek dressing (extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper – so easy and oh so good!). I am conquering one meal, one craving at a time…

No comments:

Post a Comment